Updated: Oct 28, 2019
“Acting Today, Shaping Tomorrow”
1. Encourage students, staff, and families who attend school events to bring their own bottles and fill them using large jugs/coolers
2. Plastic straws are only found in the Kindergarten classes (they are looking into purchasing paper straws)
3. Teachers provide wooden sporks to students who forget their utensils at home instead of plastic utensils class
4. For potluck lunches, staff will be encouraged to bring their own cutlery, or use what's in the staff room
1. This school recently participated in a week long "plastic-free" week where students spent time learning about waste and taking action against single-use plastic
2. They also boast geothermal heating and cooling, solar panels, and a windmill!!