R.L. Beattie Public School - Rainbow District
Updated: Oct 28, 2019
"We continually strive for excellence and are extremely proud of the achievements of our students academically, athletically, artistically and socially." -Lynne Lamothe, teacher
1. Staff use a coffee machine in the teacher's staff room with washable cups
2. Teachers promote "littlerless" lunches and encourage students to use reusable water bottles
3. Students will no longer receive plastic straws on milk days, rather they will start using paper straws
1. This summer, Lynne, enlisted Plastic-Free Greater Sudbury's help to hold a community cutlery drive! Now, all students here will be receiving reusable forks for pasta day. There will also be reusable utensils available for students who forget cutlery at home
2. Participated in a week long "plastic-free" week where students spent time learning about waste and taking action against single-use plastics!